European Masters Athletics (“EMA”) has sanctioned Polish Masters Athletics and the City of Torun as the local organizing committee (“LOC”) to conduct the 2024 European Masters Athletics Championships Indoor (“EMA Championships”) in Torun, Poland (“Host Country”), during 17-23 March 2024.
I hereby apply for entry to the EMA Championships on the following terms and conditions which form a binding agreement between me, EMA and the LOC.
- I will abide by the EMA Competition Rules and World Athletics rules and regulations as modified for EMA Championships by EMA and any special rules specified for this competition which will be outlined on the EMA Championships website and communicated to competitors.
- I am physically and mentally fit to compete in the EMA Championships safely and without causing injury to myself or other participants in the EMA Championships.
- I agree and consent to accept medical treatment from the LOC, EMA or their servants, agents or contractors, ambulance officers or medical personnel in the event that I am injured or otherwise become ill or incapacitated during the EMA Championships. In the event of any emergency medical treatment or services provided to me requiring the payment of fees, I agree to pay these fees upon request.
- Participation in the EMA Championships and related activities (“Activities”) has foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness, disease, and contagion, including but not limited to COVID-19, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life. I understand and acknowledge that there are risks, dangers and hazards inherent in the Activities (“Risks”), and I expressly and voluntarily assume the Risks and the responsibilities for any damages, liabilities, and losses, including loss of income, expenses, or any other related losses arising from the Risks as a result of my participation in the Activities.
- In consideration of EMA and the LOC permitting me to participate in the EMA Championships, I agree to indemnify, hold harmless and release EMA and the LOC and their directors, employees, servants and agents, and all officials and volunteers from and against any injury, loss, damage, liability, cost, expense, demand, claim or action whether arising at common law or under statute that I may suffer or incur arising out of or in connection with my participation in the EMA Championships including as a result of the negligence, breach of statutory duty or any act or omission of EMA and the LOC and their directors, employees, servants or agents and all officials and volunteers.
- The indemnity and release in clause 5 above shall be, and operate separately, in favour of all persons, corporations and organisations involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the EMA Championships and their servants, agents and representatives including but not limited to the medical and paramedical personnel and police and ambulance officers, and the indemnity and release shall operate whether or not the injury, loss, damage, liability, cost, expense, demand, claim or action is attributable to any act or omission or neglect of any one or more of them.
- I consent to photographs and video footage being taken of me before, during and after my participation in the EMA Championships. I agree and acknowledge that the photographs and video footage are owned by EMA and the LOC and that those parties may use the photographs and video footage for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being obtained. I also consent to those parties using my name, image, voice, likeness and my performance in the EMA Championships, at any time, to promote and publicize current and future EMA championships or their businesses, without compensation.
- I agree that all my personal details and the personal details of all accompanying persons (“Personal Details”) are provided to EMA and the LOC and may be provided by them to:
- The immigration service of the Host Country
- Future hosts of EMA championships
- The registration services provider Opentrack, and the event management software providers: Domtel-Sport, STS.
- EMA and its Regional Associations and National Members
- The Track and Field Master Athletics Cohort (TaFMAC) study, if enrolled in the medical research study
- MastersRankings.com, the rankings partner of EMA.
- I agree that the Personal Details may be used by any party to whom they are provided for the following purposes:
- Any purpose required or deemed appropriate by, or to assist, the parties hereto or the government of the Host Country or any State or local government body, service or agency in the Host Country.
- To contact me about my registration and/or participation in the EMA Championships
- To provide me with my unique EMA Championships Accreditation Pass and competition bibs.
- To provide emergency medical treatment in the event that I am injured or otherwise become ill or incapacitated during the EMA Championships.
- Personal Details may also be used for any purpose:
- Required or authorised by law
- Required in order to investigate an unlawful activity
- Required by an enforcement body for investigative activities
- Necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety
- Personal Details may be disclosed overseas for the stated purposes.
- I agree to allow EMA to hold the Personal Details and medical data in the EMA Registration Database.
- I agree that I will comply with all government protocols and regulations necessary for entry into the Host Country, including without limitation all COVID-related requirements, that are applicable at the time of my arrival. I further agree that I will comply with all such protocols and regulations for the duration of my stay in the Host Country and during the EMA Championships.
- I am aware that events may be delayed or cancelled due to conditions that are beyond the control of the LOC and EMA. I agree that the LOC and EMA shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, financial or otherwise, that I may incur, arising out of or caused directly or indirectly by forces beyond the control of the LOC and EMA, including, without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, weather, pandemics or epidemics or disease, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services. The LOC undertakes, in the unlikely event of any possible cancellation of the Championships for any reason, to refund all fees to organisations and individuals who may have contributed to the event funding. Such refunds will only be to the amount that the LOC has at its disposal once all obligations have been fulfilled.
- I understand that there will be no refund, for any reason except for the situation described in point no 12
This Agreement and any other documents or agreements related thereto are in the English language only and will be deemed to be executed in English. Translation into a language other than English is provided for convenience only. Any translation into any other language shall not be an official version thereof, and in the event of any conflict in interpretation or meaning between the English version and such translation, the English version shall take precedence.
Drug Testing and Gender Eligibility
I acknowledge that Drug Testing will be conducted under the EMA/World Athletics Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations and hereby give my consent to be subject to any drug testing requirements at the EMA Championships. I further acknowledge that it is my responsibility to meet current World Athletics rules and regulations governing gender eligibility and hereby declare that I meet all such requirements. NOTE: If selected for drug testing, Competitors must declare any/all medications being used by them on the doping control form. Any athlete using a prohibited substance as defined in the Regulations, must apply for an exemption (TUE) to the EMA Anti-Doping and Medical Committee. Athletes taking or requiring exemption for a prohibited substance must apply to the EMA Medical Officer (Martine Prevost) for a TUE exemption (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). If an exemption is refused, the prohibited substance(s) concerned must not be used, and should you be selected for testing and the test proves positive, this may result in a suspension. Please note that no other medical certificate(s) will be accepted in substitution for a TUE certificate. If you are granted a TUE exemption certificate, this must be with you at all times along with proof of identification, and must be produced at the Doping Control Centre if you are selected for a drug test. Details of prohibited substances and all Anti-Doping procedures are available on the World Athletics website (www.worldathletics.org), the EMA website (https://european-masters-athletics.org) and from your World Athletics Affiliated Federation. The Competition Handbook will also contain details of the Anti-Doping Procedures to be undertaken during the championships.
I confirm that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of this registration set out above